Yoni Lefevre (Studio Yoni) is a designer from the Netherlands and is on a mission to create a positive image of the ageing society.
Problem definition (why?)
A stereotype and stigmatized image in the media of older people can lead to a negative understanding of the elderly community.
Understanding the perception of aging: Enhance the experience of aging by connecting the younger and older generation.
How can we emphasize with an aging society and stimulate the local exchange between different generations to create a more personalized social system?
- Create awareness about the image of aging & mutual understanding between different generations
- International insights about aging in various cultures and share it with different stakeholders and organizations so they can learn from each other
- Connecting young and old by working together in the projects
- Show an authentic and personal voice of the culture (visual language)
- A positive design approach and give an image boost for the older generation
- Expanding the younger volunteers to do meaningful work and inspire older people to keep developing themselves while ageing.
- The future plan is to implement a concrete co-design program where we create opportunities for interaction between the younger and older generations.